Thin films are mostly invisible but nevertheless highly effective. They are commonly used, on architectural glass as thermal insulation and/or to protect against the sun’s rays, on spectacle lenses to prevent glare or scratching, on laser mirrors to intensify the reflection of light or radiation, on compact disks and in cold-light lamps, as well as on tools and ball bearings to prevent wear. None of these would be possible without vacuum technology and specially designed vacuum components.
The following Leybold products are suitable among other things for coating.
- Dry Compressing Screw Type Vacuum Pumps – SCREWLINE
- Dry Compressing Screw Type Vacuum Pumps – DRYVAC
- Rotary Vane Vacuum Pumps (Single Stage) – SOGEVAC
- High Vacuum Pump Systems – PT
- Roots Vacuum Pumps – RUVAC
- Mechanical Turbomolecular Pumps – TURBOVAC
- Magnetic Turbomolecular Pumps – TURBOVAC MAG
- Helium Leak Detecting Systems – PHOENIXL
- Cryopumps, Cryogenics – COOLVAC